Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Soapbox for the Day...

Good Lord...the negativity of people never ceases to amaze me.  Why are people so spiteful toward those who may have gotten a break in life?  Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it isn't.  But instead of focusing on the negative and being bitter and spiteful?  How about focusing on yourself and finding a way to help your own cause.  I don't think it's fair that people like the Jersey Shore cast gets paid a pretty sum just to walk the red carpet at an event, and yes I'll be the first to vent that there are plenty of talented people out there struggling.  But that's also why I started my webzine and am doing other things to help those not in the cool kids club get themselves and their work out there.  I'm putting that energy to something positive.  I don't know what type of an impact it will have?  But being negative, bitter, and spiteful toward others and sitting feeling sorry for yourself is not only counter-productive, but after a while it gets to the point to where you are just as much of a negative energy force as those causing the negativity in the first place.  Thus, making it difficult to sympathize with you.  Just my two cents.

No comments: